Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 75

Another half-ass workout day. Why? Because I just worked out 12 hours ago. My body is still sore. My back is achy. I couldn't finish the planks because my lower back was hurting, no matter how much focus I put into my abs. Pro tip: Don't do an evening workout followed by a morning workout.

Indulgence day! So.... I actually skipped the last indulgence. I told myself, make a burger just like the one you're envisioning, you don't need the fries, you'll be happy with this.

But somehow, this angus burger with sweet potato fries has been stuck in my head since then, and has been driving me insane. I spoke with my housemate Will for half an hour last night discussing it, and I determined I was making a big deal out of nothing. I wanted to avoid it, because of the HFCS in the ketchup and honey mustard sauce, and the oil in the fries. I don't really want to imbibe alcohol either, but I'll give myself half a beer. The thing is, I want to make healthy choices, even if it's on an indulgence. But what it comes down to is-- this is an indulgence. My body's not perfect, and thus an imperfect diet won't completely destroy my progress, and will do wonders for my mentality in the coming weeks. So, burger, fries and beer here I come!

7 comments:

  1. That goes for the burger as well as the Planks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agghhhh I feel guiltier about the planks than the burger! But seriously, there was pain, so I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These indulgences are mental health checks. The last thing we need is a graduating class of obsessive muscleheads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, I do now understand it's importance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...sweet potato fries...mmmmm....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flipping schedules SUCKS. I've had to do it several times, and every time it's been a challenge. Then again, I suppose you could look at it as another way to throw your body a curve ball--OK, as long as you get enough sleep.

    ReplyDelete