Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 65

Skipped my planks this morning. I feel so guilty for it, as if I accidentally killed someone's dog with my car. After yesterday's extreme workout and carrying so much weight in SCUBA gear, I was absolutely exhausted last night. What's more, I only got 5-ish hours of sleep. Finishing my leg-ups I felt sick to my stomach. I actually failed out of the chest dips and push-ups pretty quickly too. Soooooooo sleep deprived.

Turns out, due to a communications error causing me to miss the original checkout dives, I now have to dive with the current class twice a week until the class is over (about a month). I've made the difficult choice to scrap the SCUBA plan. The reason for this being that I need to focus my energies on the PCP and working my body, rather than playing in the water with expensive gear. I'll be jeopardizing my personal fitness goals at this point if I was to put about 8 hours a week into diving. It sucks, but it's a choice I've made. I have far more emotionally/physically invested in getting to "peak condition" than I do money invested in SCUBA diving.

I have high hopes for the coming month! Go Team Running Rats! Go Patrick! Get to the peak!

On a side note: I see my sister's graduation today. I can't wait for my family to see me!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Tough decision. SCUBA is so amazing, but so expensive and time-consuming. You can always pick it back up after your in peak condition.

    You really do look amazing. Your family will be floored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a rough choice, but I think it's the right one. I've put off a couple of freelance jobs lately because I want to make sure I have the time to do everything right for my PCP.

    Enjoy the graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weoo weoo I READ " I skipped planks today because i killed someones dog with my car" I was all ready to wheeeep TRAGAEADAY!


    I turned down overtime today for PCP.....well...that's a lie...I just wanted the day off ze work.

    I think you made the right choice, only 1 more month to go until the REST OF YOUR LIFE, plenty of time for SCUBA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about kicking it up a notch...GO TEAM RUNNING RATS! Everyone's right, less than 1 month to go, you can pick SCUBA back up after we hit the Peak (but make sure you do!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made a good choice, by listening to your body and not trying to do everything-all-at-once! It is good to take a little time out and concentrate on doing one thing really well. Like being in PEAK Condition in less than 30 days!!!

    ReplyDelete