Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 59

Hasn't been a great week for the legs. My right knee acts arthritis-ey when it's cold or rainy sometimes, and on some winter days makes me incapable of running. This morning it was pretty painful, and after about 40 minutes of nursing it I dragged my ass out of the house and jumped. Mid-way through jumping I stopped noticing it, but it came back later (I can feel it right now). Sucky.

It looks like I should be doing my SCUBA checkout dives this Thursday. It may prove to be a minor physical challenge to do the workout the next morning before I have to catch the bus at 7:45AM. But what's life without challenges?

I've started watching Bruce Lee movies. I saw the documentary "A Warrior's Journey" last night and it was excellent. Patrick, I understand why he is your role-model, I've never found someone as inspiring, as hard-working, and as independent of a learner. As my legs got tired this morning, I thought about the scene from the unfinished film with him so light on his feet, and it just made me push further.

On a related note: I want a jumpsuit.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of want a jumpsuit too! Is deffinately a good plan!
    good job on pushing through the pain!
    BAH! it's just pain! nothing compared to the success of conquering it!

    rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the Kung Fu Body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it'd be pretty badass starting the Kung Fu Body while still having a month of the PCP left! I'd even try to take up the challenge, but I don't have 3 hours a day to workout!

    ReplyDelete