Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 69, Baby!

I'm not the kind to make 69 jokes, but today I think we all deserve it.

I love thrift stores, because it eliminates the need to spend more money. I found a gorgeous Revereware saucepan for $2. The kicker? It's copper-bottomed. About 5 minutes with my industrial-strength PCP elbow grease and steel wool, and the thing looks amazing. I can't wait to cook with it. A similar modern pan new would probably cost a good $30-50. (And yes, there are plenty of bad $30-50's)

It was finally time yesterday to buy new board shorts for jumping rope. The old ones had outgrown their usefulness. At size 32, they were fitting a bit large. Went to PacSun and found some new ones on sale. I managed to actually try on a 28!! It made my body look ferocious, but was sorely the wrong size. Settled on a size 30 Billabong.

I'm going to actually pickup reading food books, rather than exercise books for a short while. I strongly prefer non-fiction over fiction for my reading. I picked up The Omnivore's Dilemma from the library, just need to finish this Dawkin's and I'll jump right into it.

Wasn't that cool? A whole blog with no workout information!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, nice find with the copper bottomed Revereware. My mom swears by those pans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PCP and Pollan is a potent pair!

    ReplyDelete