Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 55

Hey guys!

Royce asked me how I avoid cooking. Pretty easy, really.

  • All veggies and fruit are eaten raw, no exceptions. They taste so delicious raw!
  • Eggs are eaten raw and blended with milk (I often add cinnamon), except when location/diet forbids a blender and/or milk. Then I eat hard-boiled eggs I made a while ago, which are refrigerated.
  • Chicken is cooked on a 3-4 day basis, baked in the oven. Then refrigerated. (Took me a while to figure out how to pack it in the fridge without it getting gross. It involves packing it in an air-tight container with paper towel.)
  • Grain is cooked on just about a weekly basis, I make about 2 cups dry. Last week I used red wheat berries, plain oats and some other grain I don't remember. Boiled about an hour at 3-1 ratio to water, then tossed in a Rubbermaid air-tight container.
Also - I only use locking containers. The ones without locking lids are just accidents waiting to happen.

Oh - and I switch things up on Wednesdays (my day off, and the jump-rope only day). I often make fish, this week I'm thinking of making a burger with grass fed beef (from VT = awesome), whole grain bread and tomatoes and lettuce.

6 comments:

  1. thank you very much for that. eggs do taste better raw too ...they have that vanilla aftertaste.

    raw veggies here I come....cept kale...I don't trust you raw......kale...doesn't look like it it an easy digestor

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can juice raw greens like kale. Apparently, they make decent "chips," too but I'd leave out the salt:

    http://livebythesun.blogspot.com/2010/04/kale-chips.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kale chips are delicious! I've never made them without salt, though, so who knows. Worth a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds awesome, gotta try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, can attest for the fabulousness of kale chips! Do it!

    Though, I must say, I am a big fan of cooking. Not sure about this CRAZY raw diet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LISEEEN haha raw diet is VERy sexay, jenny. you get a particular high from it if you do it long enough.

    ReplyDelete