Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 71


My direct attempts to change my motivation have caused some good, and some bad. I'm going to continue on my present course for the time being, as trying to step back causes me to focus on it being almost over rather than on what needs to get done.

Apparently my sitting around yesterday made my abs lazy. V-sits are usually cake for me, but today I struggled to get through even 3 sets of them.

I'm very pleased with my progress, and I'm at the point where people are constantly asking me diet and workout recommendations. I go easy most of the time, and suggest taking up jumping rope, and cutting bad things from the diet.

I bought new board shorts to jump in, but they're not as comfortable as my Kirra shorts, so I'm trying to find these old shorts used online, in the right size. Pictured are my new ones. I do like the black and white.

A couple days ago at the grocery I encountered the infamous "it's free, so I should eat it" impulse when offered a sampling of chocolate. I held onto the feeling, and strangled it in its place.

At Dick's Sporting Goods, I bought a heavier resistance band, and my eyes spotted a "power tower", basically standalone pull-up and swing-away mid-bars (for things like kung-fu situp style leg-ups and chest dips). I think I'm going to buy it. I want it, it would make life soooooo much easier pull-up wise.

Update: Just had another PCP burger for lunch. I absolutely love them in moderation. I figure eating beef once every 3 weeks has to be pretty okay. The bread on this one started falling apart, luckily I was allowed more carbs this week! More bread to patch the hole! May have gone 10-15g over on the beef though.

5 comments:

  1. the mermaid shorts are awesome!
    I know what you mean about trying to focus on the 'excellent body know-how I have gained' rather than the 19@#! more days of pushing through to failure!
    It's really awesome to think how much we've done and learned in 71 days time. Perhaps we'll be even savvier with 19 more days of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you look like an action figure! Kudos on the progress! I'll have to check out the towers at Dick's, as well--doing dips on 2 folding chairs has been tough on my wrists, it would be great to have some nice bars to hold onto.

    Let's keep hitting it hard through these final few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy veins, Batman! :) It's almost like you can see your entire cardio-vascular/muscular system through your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right? I can't wait to go give blood in 3 weeks (I usually do it every interval, but I put it off because I obviously need it right now! This has resulted in a lot of annoying calls from the American Red Cross). Anyway, I digress.

    These suckers: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2801366&sr=1&origkw=power%20tower

    I wish I had bought this from the start, instead of using the kitchen tables for EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those towers are nice, but you still have to rig it up to do Jackie Chan situps.

    ReplyDelete