Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 34

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been a couple days.

Yesterday was my birthday. 25 now. When this year started I told myself that I would be a lot happier with the concept of aging if I could accomplish a lot this year. So far I've been doing well.

  • I've learned to SCUBA dive.
  • I've hiked several mountains.
  • I've given blood whenever possible.
  • I've read several books, including a couple by Richard Dawkins. Michael Pollan is next, I'm really interested in reading more of his stuff.
  • Last year I started teaching myself Japanese, but didn't get very far. I plan on furthering that this year. I may also take a look at other languages. Perhaps even take a class!
  • I shaved my head. I've been wanting to do that for 2 years.
  • I finally have a laptop and a desktop again. It's been a long time.
  • I'm now responsible for a real apartment and real bills, not just renting a room.
  • I've kept an amazing job for a long amount of time.
  • I've become more mindful.
AND OF COURSE - THE PEAK CONDITION PROJECT!!!

This morning I looked at my daily photo (I take daily ones, but only post weekly images). I was incredibly surprised, thinking back to only a couple months ago. I continue feeling like this is really going to be the change I've needed for a long time.

Next up - VIDEO BLOGS!

7 comments:

  1. It's great that you can catalog your progress from the whole year. I'm sure PCP is an awesome way to start year 25. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! What do you think of Dawkins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawkins is some of the best science/anti-theism writing I've ever read. I'm a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pollan's great--I just got done with 'Food Rules'. I feel like he helps you see that much more of the 'Matrix.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and Happy Belated B-day, man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You should come out to Japan and hang with me and Patrick to practice your Nihongo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making lists like this is one of the best motivators around. We rarely stop to congratulate ourselves for all the awesome stuff we actually DO get done.

    ReplyDelete