Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 26

New thoughts, same feelings.

We're almost a third of the way through now, and it's been an exciting trip thus far. I'm starting to enjoy my level of fitness and while waking up in the morning has become a drag at times, I think I just need more sleep.

My daily food has been relatively constant the entire time, chicken for protein, rice and 7-grain cereal for carbs, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots for veggies. I use some spices here and there, but I'm not very demanding on my taste buds.

I had a long conversation with a chef that works nearby. The gist of the conversation was me explaining the PCP, and him explaining that it sounds nice but he likes his taste buds and is very fond of good food. I think a lot of chefs could actually give a pretty good shot at cooking without additives. It seems to me that with some thought a good chef could create some pretty nice dishes out of what we've been eating. In fact, it could taste even better. Most views on culinary taste these days seem to be stuck in a rut of how much salt and oil you can implement while still able to eat it. I've kinda gotten this reaction from a few people, and I think if I myself was more creative in my cooking habits it might impress better.

Today I told my coworkers that I'm surprised I haven't been exercising and eating like this my whole life. I feel so incredibly healthy, and my body is starting to look a lot better. I feel really fit.

Hopefully soon enough people will actually feel like undertaking a project like this when I talk to them about it, instead of saying "yeah, that sounds hard". It's like me trying to sell someone on donating blood. They say they might sometime, and never take the half hour to.

I tried to get my "muddy shake" from Muddy Waters today, but they stop serving shakes at 5. Apparently they don't have many after-work milkshake customers. I'll get one tomorrow morning after breakfast.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Really kind of sad when a man whose professional career is cooking food cannot appreciate the actual flavors and textures and joy of FOOD, without having to glorify it up with salt, butter, oil, cheese, etc.
    Give that man a fresh carrot and let him taste the sweetness!
    Just goes to show you: you cannot rely on the food industry, restaurants, or supermarkets to provide you with healthful and delicious foods; you have to take control of your own diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off salt forever. My wife has come around to the same feeling. After a week of no salt it's a revelation. After 70 days of no salt it's a new path and I'm not looking back. I have my tongue back!

    ReplyDelete