Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 9

Almost to the double-digits! YEAH!

I'm posting early today, with a couple things I've figured out/found helpful.

1. Cooking in advance. Last night I pulled out the cast-iron double burner grill and cooked enough chicken for 3 days worth of meals. I also have a large container of rice cooked, for the same meals. The only meal left out of the prep work is breakfast. All I have to do for these meals is measure out the proper amounts, and add fresh veggies. The best part about cooking it all in bulk is eliminating the guesswork in how much to cook to end up with the proper weight. I can't get enough storage containers.

2. The small measuring cup (250ml max) has become my new drinking glass. I see no need to dirty more dishes than necessary.

3. Door anchors. The location for the standing ovation wasn't prime. So I built my own door anchor out of a sling of old climbing webbing and a carabiner. This allows me to stand near the center of my room, rather than in the closet.

4. Anything on the floor really requires something like a yoga mat to be comfortable. I have a really basic mat, so it's not too cushy, but takes the sting off my back in exercises like the leg-up.

Finally, I'll share with you guys where I work out. I was given the largest bedroom in our new apartment, which was a burden at first with how little it retains heat, but I found a use for the floor space!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about MacGuyver....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cast iron pans and people who know how to use them! Your door anchor is very crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw in a pull up bar, and you are a one man gym.

    ReplyDelete