Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 16

Today I took Patrick's advice in his last email to heart, and put more effort into paying attention to my form, and the way I use my muscles during exercise.

I also noticed the change in the push-up style today. It was much more difficult to do full pushups with all the other upper body exercises, and I almost(but not quite) worked my muscles to exhaustion. The forward shoulder lift was as difficult as ever, and I'm still taking 2-4 second breaks between reps on the last set, as when I get to that point I can barely pull the band, even with a 5lb band on one foot.

It's interesting having never paid so much attention to my body and it's form, and I'm continuing to notice the way it's developed, and the fact that my right seems to be underdeveloped compared to my left, but not in a manner as substantial as would be required to notice it before now. Keeping this in mind, I'm trying to focus on that side more.

2 comments: