Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 2

So... day 2 is near a close. It's odd being a half day behind everyone. Today I had an egg, 1/4 cucumber, half an apple, and a half cup of soy milk for breakfast. I made 3/4 of a cup of rice, and had half of that for lunch, with the other apple half. I also had only a couple of my trail-mix chunk snacks today. I'm learning to deal with the hunger better. Now to have a light dinner (which is usually sparse as it is).

The workouts are fun. While the jumps are easy, my abs are not so appreciative of the attention at the moment. I'm sure they'll learn better though. I find myself looking forward to tomorrow's exercises.

I've found two things that have really helped my eating less. One is to chew everything completely and slowly, and to eat slowly. The other is drinking a lot of water in-between meals. I don't drink coffee, and rarely tea, but I go heavy on the water. Video games are also great if you have a solid block of free time and are focusing on the hunger. Just get absorbed in it and you'll see the time fly by.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, and I'm an hour behind you, even. Offhand I'd say I'm the farthest behind in the group timezone-wise. It's very strange getting the daily e-mails a day early.

    And my abs aren't especially fond of the attention either. I did the workout this morning and I'm already feeling the soreness. But just think of how they're going to LOOK in a few weeks! It makes me want to do more leg lifts. :)

    Go team Army Ants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. The abs are giving me trouble too. All that blubber in the damn way. Not for long!

    I just did the exercises when I got the first mail, so for me the exercises are a day ahead of the food. Can't see the harm in it, but if I switch to a morning routine I'll have to move on to the T+1 schedule like you guys.

    Wow, you're really cutting back on the food! I'll have to up my game if I'm going to keep up with you bro. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abs are basically a cosmetic muscle. I mean, I am sure they are quite important to standing upright and breathing and all that, but when you work them, and the diet does what it does (makes the fat go away) and can both see and feel the abs...trust me, it is AWESOME.
    I am nearly 7 weeks in and I can FEEL the six-pack trying to assert itself to the world.
    Just stick with the exercises and you WILL notice the difference.
    And after 6 weeks I have two words for you; kung-fu situps!

    ReplyDelete