Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 5

Well, today I'm at the lowest weight I have been at since I was 18. I think it's largely due to paying attention to it so much. We have this postal scale at my job that we utilize for measuring the weight of e-waste (dead computers, etc). My entire time working there, It's never been able to take me. But it did today, with my clothes and such on. (I would hope so, being at work and all) So this made me ecstatic to finally seem to break free from the exact weight I've always measured at, even by a couple pounds.

My shoulders are definitely feeling the burn, I don't think I've done push-ups this many days in a row, ever. I love it.

I've been making sure my egg cooking skills are up to par, and that I'm not just scrambling them. I think it's coming along nicely.

This morning for breakfast I fried an egg and had half a diced tomato and 1/4 cucumber. I didn't put pepper on my egg this morning, to try to get more used to the taste. For lunch I had some rice, veggies and beans, and tofu. It was about 2 cups of food. I plan on eating something similar for dinner.

Local sustainability always excites me! I've been drinking a soy milk that's made in Vermont and certified organic by VOF (Vermont Organic Farmers), and today I just looked at the bottom before recycling the bottle and found the container is made just two towns from me! I like to find companies like this. Also, today I became a member at my local food cooperative. I realized in the coming weeks I'll be spending a lot of money there, and wanted to help support them better.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting a new low! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious image of you with computer waste on the scale. Ha!

    Yay for eating local. You should check out Barbara Kingsolver's book "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" for more about why its a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've dropped 1.5kg already....crazy....

    ReplyDelete