Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 7

Last day of the easy week. I went for a splendid and long hike up Camel's Hump in Huntington, VT. I thoroughly enjoy hiking alone, as it is probably the longest I ever spend without communicating with other humans. It gives my mind time to relax and think freely. It also allows me to teach myself to motivate myself. Completely winded, with no real incentive of continuing, it can be tough to keep moving without a break.

Admittedly, I had a bit more fruit than usual today. I missed my normal lunch and was stuck volunteering for 5.5 hours and the only thing we had there I wanted to consume was fruit, and I was completely out of energy from the hike. I am feeling a bit better now though, after having some dinner.

At the Blood Drive one of the donors said "I think I'll just have some Cheez-it's" to me. The manner that he said it in immediately reminded me of the movie Idiocracy (worth a watch). I always feel a little ill when I think that it's exactly the direction society appears to be headed in, in which processed snacks are what you'd reach for over a fresh apple or pear after your blood is depleted.

I'll need to go buy food tonight... I'll be picking up meat (fish, only), and milk, two things I haven't been consuming for quite a while. I think I'll be needing more eggs as well. Maybe an eggplant too.

No comments:

Post a Comment