Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 87 - I don't even...

After 5PM's snack, which was delayed, I had nothing but half an apple until 9PM when I started my workout.

Why? Because I meant to workout at 7:30. Then I told myself I'd practice some freedom and workout when I wanted to. BUT I forgot to eat in the interim.

I made it through the legs, but then came the shoulders. I made it about halfway through the super set. Halfway through the fly's, and barely managed some v-sits. I did however complete the crunches, to my dismay. Were my muscles sore? Nope. I was light-headed. I had zero energy, I was perhaps very low on blood sugar. This has however taught me two important lessons.

1. Don't wait til 9PM.

2. Mornings are better for ab workouts without food in the stomach.

I've just finished gobbling down the after workout along with the dinner I should have had already... my hunger has yet to be satiated.

TL;DR - I didn't eat much this afternoon and failed miserably on the workout.

4 comments:

  1. Not to mention working out empty will cause your body to metabolize MUSCLE instead of glucose or fat. Dude, don't pull this stuff now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, scratch my last comment, JUMPING ROPE on an empty stomach is good for burning fat, NOT working out on an empty stomach (per Patrick's comment above)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, well it wasn't intentional! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lesson wasn't wasted, man--I made sure that I ate before my workout, even though it pushed the work-out back longer than I expected.

    ReplyDelete