Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 79

Hurrah! 5x 90 second plank - apparently so tough my timer couldn't handle it. It actually froze halfway through a set. Had to pull the battery to reset it. Always enjoyable after the fact though!

I got some pure cocoa powder from the co-op, and added it to my milk & egg blend. It's okay, but I need to go a bit lighter on it so it saturates and isn't so strong. Very very low calorie additive for the flavor provided. Still not quite cinnamon-class though.

Today I learned to buy spices in bulk. Whole spice bottle worth of chili powder = $1.50ish. Bottle on the shelf - $4.00ish. Take your pick, but the answer's obvious. I got a ton of cinnamon too.

Since I switched to the heavier resistance band, my workouts have been more enjoyable again, and while some sets can't be completed, I'm actually noticing my muscles get far far stronger from it. I go back to the 5 lb'r sometimes and wonder why the hell I was using it for such a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Cinnamon is awesome. For my evening snack i cut up apples into small bits, mix in yogurt and a hefty sprinkle of cinnamon, so good. Though have yet to try the Ren Master's Cinnamush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, cocoa powder is good. Try going light on the cocoa and mixing cinnamon, too. I like them together.

    Also, spices in bulk are da bomb! I just learned this habit, too. :) Good luck with the final push.

    ReplyDelete